The Scottish Government and COSLA are inviting organisations to consider the invitation and application in relation to the four Strategic Outcome Lead roles as a key part of delivering the Suicide Prevention Strategy.
Following the publication of the new suicide prevention strategy Creating Hope Together and accompanying initial 3 year action plan, the Scottish Government and COSLA are now seeking to appoint organisations to lead on each of the four outcomes within the strategy. We would welcome applications where two or more organisations wish to collaborate to lead work to deliver an outcome.
The four outcomes in the strategy, for which we are looking for organisations to lead are:
- Our environment protects against suicide
- Creating compassionate responses in our communities
- Ensuring high quality, compassionate support for anyone affected by suicide
- Enabling delivery through collective planning, evidence and learning.
We consider there will be a number of benefits in taking on this key leadership role for our new national strategy including: designing and leading an innovative approach to suicide prevention; widening networks; influencing national priorities – both in suicide prevention and beyond; and actively participating in a system-wide programme of change.
How to apply:
Please find attached the invitation with full details and the evidence form for completion.
- Initial expressions of interest in applying: We would be grateful if you let us know if you are intending to submit an application by close of play 28 February 2023.
- Deadline for applications: Please submit your application by 5pm on 10 March 2023 to the Suicide Prevention mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Format for applications: Please submit your evidence by completing the evidence form attached