Sustainable and inclusive economic growth is fundamental to achieving the East Lothian Council’s vision. The Council and the Sustainable Economy Partnership involving the Council, Scottish Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, Edinburgh College, Queen Margaret University and representatives of the Chamber of Commerce and Federation of Small Businesses have been implementing the Economic Development Strategy 2012-2022.
The Strategy has two strategic goals; to increase the number of businesses with growth potential; and, to increase the proportion of residents working in, and contributing to, East Lothian’s economy – and five objectives:
- To be Scotland’s leading coastal, leisure and food & drink destination
- To build on our proximity to Edinburgh to encourage study, work and spend in East Lothian
- To provide high quality employment pathways for East Lothian’s workforce
- To be the best place in Scotland to set up and grow a business
- To become Scotland’s most sustainable local economy.