As COSLA’s President and Vice President we are delighted that the COSLA Annual Conference is back in person – for the first time since 2019.
This year’s event – on 28 and 29 September at Crieff Hydro - will provide the key forum to explore the question “Is Scotland living well locally?” As one of the keynote events of the year, we will bring together a range of experts – from Scotland, UK and Europe, and across a range of sectors - all focused on examining what more Scottish Local Government and its partners can do to achieve better outcomes for our communities.
Local Government in Scotland plays a vital role, delivering essential services like education, social care, and transport, supporting the most vulnerable in our communities, growing local economies, helping us all to ‘Live Well Locally’.
As the sphere of Government closest to communities, Local Government listens to the needs of our communities and is there to support individuals, families and businesses during times of need - during the Covid pandemic, this role quite literally saved lives and livelihoods.
But we all know that there is more to do – to tackle child poverty, to support a just transition to net zero, and to ensure public services are sustainable into the future.
To examine the question ”Is Scotland Living Well Locally?” this year’s conference will focus on:
- How we work with our partners across Scotland and the UK.
- Our relationship with Governments and Parliaments.
- Learning from others, how Local Government can improve the way it connects with individuals, communities and businesses.
- How Local Government and partners can build on experiences during COVID to put person - centred services at the heart of public service reform.
- How Local Government Leaders can lead effectively during times of significant change and constrained resources.
- Learning from our European and International Local Government partners.
- Examining what the data is telling us, and how it can be used to inform the future of public services.
The Annual Conference in 2023 will run from Thursday, 28 through to Friday, 29 September, with the Excellence Awards Ceremony and Dinner taking place on Thursday, 28 September 2023. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of this essential debate - book your place now.