The team covers a wide range of policy and council services which are vitally important to communities across Scotland.
Whether this is developing Scotland’s economy in an inclusive way, helping to ensure Scotland meets its low carbon ambitions or ensuring effective infrastructure is in place, COSLA continually works to improve economic, social and environmental outcomes for communities across the country.
The Environment and Economy Spokesperson is Councillor Steven Heddle.
Main Policy Areas
- Unconventional Onshore Oil and Gas Extraction
- Planning Performance and Modernisation
- National Transport Strategy
- Crown Estate
- Islands Bill
- Climate Change
- Household Waste Charter
- Scotland’s Economic Strategy (including the Enterprise and Skills Review)
- Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF)