The Image, Media and Communications Team is responsible for all COSLA's communications work - from media briefings and press liaison to internal communications.
The team is also responsible for all central and corporate services, and manages the COSLA Conference Centre, reception, and information technology.
Main policy areas
- Press & media management
- Regular and effective communications with member Councils
- Promoting a positive image of Local Government
- Co-ordinating external relationships with partner organisations
- Co-ordinating COSLA’s approach to influencing the Scottish, Westminster & Brussels Parliaments
- Corporate and ICT services
- Managing and marketing the COSLA Conference Centre & events
- The COSLA Excellence Awards
The IMEC team delivers a 24/7 365 days a year press and media function. The team is also responsible for all IT functions including the COSLA Website and COSLA's Conference Centre. In addition, the team delivers the keynote events in the COSLA calendar; the Annual Conference and the COSLA Excellence Awards.
The IMEC team deal with all incoming media enquiries for COSLA.
Please find the contact details for our IMEC team below:
David Kennedy (Head of Media and Communications) - E: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0131 474 9205
Christine Norval (Policy Assistant) - E: email@example.com, Tel: 0131 474 9206
IMEC team email: firstname.lastname@example.org